[OWASP-Security101] Fwd: 3rd Party Credentials

Xander Sherry xander.sherry at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 18:37:42 UTC 2017

Those answers are all written by the same person.  D.W is David Wager (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_A._Wagner) and he does indeed know what
he's talking about.   The approach he suggests is a good one.  The only
thing I'd add is that although he mentions it, I think he under-emphasized
the role of an HSM for protecting the keys that protect the credentials in
this scenario.   If the credentials are valuable at all, I would suggest
that this is absolutely essential.

Best regards,

-Xander Sherry