[OWASP-Security101] Absolute Beginner

Clayton Miller clmiller at nmsu.edu
Thu Sep 10 19:36:22 UTC 2015

Thanks for the responses! I did not expect them to come so quickly!

@Ali

    My only experience in computer science is what I have been learning in my Intro to CS class this semester, which is very basic hardware concepts, networking concepts, and Java programming. Sadly, it is hardly any, but I have started to scour the internet for resources that would be useful to someone with such limited understanding. So when I found OWASP, I figured that an organization of professionals would most easily be able to guide me! What fascinates me about computer security is the fact that it is becoming something so prominent and necessary in our society, and that in a way, it is like a puzzle.

@togume

    It's probably not a good sign that I have never heard of OSI layers.. Sadly, I do not know anything about that. But, I will read the wiki article immediately!