[OWASP-Security101] Absolute Beginner

Tomás Gutiérrez tomas.gutierrez at scalablepath.com
Thu Sep 10 18:43:02 UTC 2015

Love the positive and welcoming messages on this distro!

@Clayton - Piggy backing on what Kardaslar mentioned regarding your current
Computer Science/Engineering Background and interests, I'd start by your
understanding and interest in the OSI layers (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model), which are directly applicable to
security. Also, taking into consideration the human factor, which is
usually the weakest link, and does not make part of the model.

Also, things are moving quite fast, so you'll want to keep up to date with
application/software architecture on the web.

@togume