[OWASP-Security101] Absolute Beginner

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Thu Sep 10 18:17:00 UTC 2015

I'd recommend starting with the following

1. Owasp top 10 - it's a good overview of major items. Read through it to understand some of the basic ways apps have flaws.

2. Owasp webgoat - you can do a lesson based approach to hack a vulnerable web app with hints and clues

Here's how to setup that lab
http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/michael_coates/lab-setup-28126110

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have questions as you go.