[OWASP-Security101] Can't find the free books

Marcos Accioly marcosaccioly at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:08:47 UTC 2015

I thought I was over, Magno, but check this out from the point-of-view of a
newcomer:

   1. I go to the categories you have suggested:
   https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Books
   2. I check out the Owasp Testing Project page
   <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Testing_Project>. Right at the
   top there is this grey box stating *This project has produced a book
   that can be downloaded or purchased
<http://www.lulu.com/content/5691953>. *I
   follow this link and end up in Lulu's website;
   3. I search for the PDF or any downloadable content on the referred Lulu
   page
   <http://www.lulu.com/shop/owasp-foundation/owasp-testing-guide/paperback/product-5310589.html>,
   but can't find any (I event tried to put it in the cart, maybe it was
   hidden somehere lol);
   4. Navigating Lulu's website, I come accross this page, which says on
   the sidebar that "These books are all available to buy "at cost". OWASP
   earns no revenue from their sale. *All books are also available to
   download free of charge as source files or PDFs from the OWASP website at
   https://www.owasp.org <https://www.owasp.org>*." (*bold *is mine). If I
   click the referred link, I'm back in OWASP's website
   5. Bang! It's a loop and still *NO PDF file*.

There is something going on between OWASP and Lulu because these references
are clearly not working.

Thanks for the attention and sorry for explaining it all, but it seems to
me it could be better for the users. Days have passed, emails have been
written, and I still can't find the PDF file or any other downloadable
content for the book.