[OWASP-Security101] Security101 Digest, Vol 2, Issue 8

Thomas Stiehm thomas.stiehm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 19:35:21 UTC 2012

I believe the only way to make sure that the memory cache is clear is
to close FireFox completely. Just closing the tab your app was on
doesn't do it. Feature or bug, that is the way FireFox works. If I
remember correctly the no-cache controls only really deal with disk
cache and not memory cache. That is why most sensitive sites tell you
to close the browser down completely after using their site.

So to answer your question, you aren't doing anything wrong. FireFox
doesn't work the way you expect.

Tom