[OWASP-Security101] Port 2960

Peter Schuler peter.schuler at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 09:37:41 UTC 2012

Besides... what you are seeing is that client side TCP/IP port 2960 went to
your server-side port 80. And probably will get redirected to a onther
server-side ephemeral port (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephemeral_port).
TCP/IP ports are just a way to make sure the TCP/IP protocol can see the
difference between different data streams.

So what you are seeing is for as far a I know normal behaviour for TCP/IP
connections.

I agree with Micheal: from a web application security perspective we should
not worry about where the data is coming from but what is contained within.

Kind regards,
Peter Schuler