[OWASP-Security101] Validating a scanner's results

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at acquia.com
Tue Apr 10 18:50:52 UTC 2012

Sharuth's advice seems good to me. I'd only add that if the scanner is
provided by a commercial organization you could ask them for more
details. False positives are too common in these tools and only by
asking about them can we motivate vendors to reduce them.

If it's an open source tool then contact that tool's community (if
there is one). They'll probably be interested to have a false positive
case to help improve their tool.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Director Security Services | +1-720-310-5623
Skype: greg.knaddison | http://twitter.com/greggleshttp://acquia.com