[OWASP-Security101] Security101 Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

Adam Sheesley asheesley at trone.com
Mon Apr 9 13:12:08 UTC 2012

This covers a basic introduction of USB on a low level:
http://blip.tv/carolinacon/serial-killers-usb-as-an-attack-vector-nick-fury-5125032

tl;dr: 9m30s

As to your question, based on what I understand of USB, you're going to have an extremely hard time doing authentication based entirely on the USB spec.

List Run By OWASP
List Admin: Michael.Coates at owasp.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adam Sheesley
Interactive Programmer, Trone
336-612-1692
asheesley at trone.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated
recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.
Thank you.