[Owasp_top_10_privacy_risks_project] OWASP Top 10 Privacy Risks presented at IPEN in Berlin / Description available

Lukasz Olejnik lukasz.olejnik at inria.fr
Sat Nov 1 16:09:45 UTC 2014

Dear Colin,

I will took the privilege and answer some of the  concerns.

Privacy problems are often interwinded.

P9 is slightly different from P1. P1 refers to insecurity and is more general. However, P9 allows the collection (aggregation) of user data for a potential later use and is not strictly related to security. My understanding is that in a survey, people addressed some past media coverage of these kind of problems. I respect the opinion from the survey, although I am not fully sure if having this particular problem as a separate number on the list is truly justified. That said, it's good we have at least some "mediums" ;)

That said, I extensively discussed overlaps with Florian, as there appear to be some more evident examples (e.g. P4 and P8 are somewhat redundant and could be simplified in one point, same for P10 and P1 ["insecurity"]). As said, we did discuss it with Florian and agreed that any changes at this point are possible, but in the next revision of the list (update). In this case I am looking forward to working on that.

Best,
Lukasz