[Owasp_technical_project_advisors] Final Assessment Criteria

Samantha Groves samantha.groves at owasp.org
Tue Nov 5 00:38:38 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I've gone ahead and put together an announcement to let the community know
about our review session at the Summit. I've made a few changes that I feel
are a bit important as we are getting down to the event date now. For one,
I don't know if we can require that all projects migrate to the new
templates in 2 weeks, but I do think we should encourage at least lab and
flagships to do it. I don't think it should be a failed assessment if they
don't. We just need to make sure that the information is there, easily
accessible, and available for all, etc. Have a read, and let me know what
you think:

*OWASP Project Review Criteria and 2013 Project Assessments*

I am happy to report that the Technical Project
Advisors<http://owasp.blogspot.com/2013/09/meet-our-new-technical-project-advisors.html>group
have completed the final version of the our project assessment
criteria. This criteria grades our project quality based on the overall
project health and the overall quality of the product each project is
producing. The aim of developing this criteria was to help guide OWASP
Project Leaders toward the successful completion and development of their
overall project deliverable. Moreover, this criteria will be used to
establish the appropriate stage the reviewed project is in basing the
decision on overall project health and product quality. I encourage all
Project Leaders to please take a bit of time and review the 2013 Project
Assessment Criteria<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdGxrR29jZGRhRnVhX0FYbkxQa2ZmdlE&usp=sharing>
.

*2013 Project Summit Reviews* <http://sched.co/GFUey0>

As many of you know, attendees will be able to participate in the review of
the entire inventory of OWASP Projects using the new assessment criteria
developed by our team of Technical Project Advisors during the OWASP
Projects Review working session at AppSec USA. The aim of this session is
to establish a more accurate representation of OWASP project health and
product quality.

Leaders are encouraged to review the 2013 Project Assessment
Criteria<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdGxrR29jZGRhRnVhX0FYbkxQa2ZmdlE&usp=sharing>,
and make certain that their project fulfills all of the guidelines outlined
in the criteria. Please note, that it is not mandatory to work towards
fulfilling all of the criteria for this round of reviews. However, passing
the assessment is a requirement if you wish to graduate from an Incubator
to a Lab and Lab to a Flagship Project. We do encourage all current Lab and
Flagship project leaders to ensure that they are in alignment with the new
2013 project assessment criteria.

*New Project Wiki Templates*

The new Project Wiki Templates were created to make adding content to a
project wiki page a much easier task for Leaders. A big thank you to Colin
Watson for creating these for us.

We are encouraging all Leaders to switch over to these templates starting
in 2014. Please note that Leaders are not required to use these templates,
but the use of this wiki template is a requirement for graduation for
Incubator projects starting in 2014. Below you will se examples of what we
would like to see from Documentation, Code, and Tool projects in terms of
wiki content and links.

Documentation Project
Example<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Documentation_Project_Template>

Code Project Example<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Code_Project_Template>

Tool Project Example<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Tool_Project_Template>

There is lots of energy behind OWASP Projects right, and I am excited to
report all of these activities to the community. If you want to be
involved, please reach out to me at Samantha.Groves at owasp.org. See you all
at the Summit in New York City!

Email: samantha.groves at owasp.org

Skype: samanthahz