[owasp_seraphimdroid_project] Questions regarding warnings and logs, location

Nikola Milosevic nikola.milosevic at owasp.org
Tue Mar 22 09:29:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

Thank you Johanna for reporting the issue. To be honest, I have seen
previously pin screen poping up multiple times over locked app, however,
issue seems not to be so easy to reproduce. In other words it seems that it
depends on the app usage or something, but we need definitely to have a
deeper look at the issue. I have added it to GitHub issue tracker:
https://github.com/nikolamilosevic86/owasp-seraphimdroid/issues/36

Regarding doing bounty on some website, I think it is a good idea, but
currently it is not time for it. The thing is that soon we will be having
Google Summer of Code. There is quite a lot of emails from students I am
dealing at the moment, so I expect quite good proposals and hopefully at
least one or two slots for this project. Which will mean we will have quite
some number of new features soon. Then I would like to stabilize it and
maybe after that, during some November-December, we maybe can do bounty
program. I know these program, even thou they contribute hugely to quality
require quite a lot of work. I was managing bounty program at company I
worked previously (managewp.com) and I remember it required almost 2-3
hours every day for checking the reports, most of them being false
positives. But I agree, we can think about it for the future, mainly
looking after GSoC. Also, question is how bug bounties are dealt
money-wise? We have around $500-$1000 on the project account. So, that may
be limiting.

One news for the whole list, is that Kartik Kohli, as from yesterday will
be second project leader. This will allow us hopefully to distribute some
effort and hopefully make project progress a bit faster. Maybe Kartik can
say couple of words about himself and where he sees his contributions in
the future.

And the last comment would be about upgrading... well I have lost faith
that the project will be ever upgraded to the lab or flagship stage, since
I have submitted request for review and upgrading into lab 8 months ago. I
even helped reviewing couple of project, but it did not helped getting
focus of reviewers into my project, so obviously system currently does not
work. I haven't got almost any feedback at all in 8 months, which I
consider ridiculously long time for performing a relatively simple review.
It is pity, but it seems that is current state of the affairs there. I
firmly think that project is quite mature and went far away from some
experimental incubator stage, which makes it annoying having that label on
the page... but there is not much I can do about.

Pozdrav/Best regards,

Nikola Milošević
OWASP Seraphimdroid project leader
nikola.milosevic at owasp.org
OWASP - Open Web Application Security Project
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>
OWASP Seraphimdroid Project
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_SeraphimDroid_Project>