[owasp_seraphimdroid_project] GSoC '16

Nikola Milosevic nikola.milosevic at owasp.org
Sun Mar 20 22:06:23 UTC 2016

Hello Aditya and nice to meet you.

Regarding your questions:
For the first project the idea is to create some infrastructure to include
documentataion and knowledge base about mobile threats. The infrastructure
should probably contain some interface on the application side and as well
some small web interface which will allow manipulation with content and
menu and that will update the app with new content. Once app is updated,
the documentation should work offline. I believe this project is quite
easy, compared to other two and well defined, however, it includes both web
and android development.

Plugin framework requires a potential student to develop some sort of API
that will allow other developers to develop plugins for Seraphimdroid and
add features. It should expose some GUI that should be modifiable via API
and that can be filled with content from the other process. So it requires
also some sort of inter-process/inter-application communication. It will
also require you to develop one small demo plugin and make documentation
for developers wanting to develop plugins.

 All projects are separate, full session projects. I believe for each one
there is enough work that need to be done that will keep you busy over the
GSoC schedule. If you think projects could be done under one umbrella,
probably you are underestimating them.

I hope that helps. Let me know when you have some proposal. You can send me
the proposal before submitting it, so I can have a brief look and if I have
enough time, I will provide some feedback.

Pozdrav/Best regards,

Nikola Milošević
OWASP Seraphimdroid project leader
nikola.milosevic at owasp.org
OWASP - Open Web Application Security Project
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>
OWASP Seraphimdroid Project
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_SeraphimDroid_Project>