[Owasp_project_leader_list] [Owasp-leaders] Google Summer of Code - Ideas and proposals

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 14:35:35 UTC 2015

If theres interest in this then I can speak to the Mozilla folk who handled
the GSoC participation.
We also have contacts with other groups who have run similar events.

What are the advantages and disadvantages to this?
It would be good for students as they would then have a bigger range of
projects to look at.
But it would probably be more complex, and I dont think we have any
software like Melange which would help co-ordinate such an initiative
I'm guessing it will be cost neutral as I cant see any orgs being in a
position to fund other orgs.

An alternative would be to have a loose coalition of orgs doing similar
things whereby we help publicise each others programs.
I suspect this might be more practical.

Cheers,

Simon

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Nikola Milosevic <nikola.milosevic at owasp.org