[Owasp_project_leader_list] [Owasp-board] OWASP Projects: Program Models

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Thu May 8 00:41:55 UTC 2014

All,

I'll say only one thing here and will try to place the rest of my
thoughts on the wiki page that Samantha pointed out.

The one thing that I wanted to mention here is regarding the type
of feedback that is being solicited to be provided on the wiki page
is that if a lot of people start commenting on it (so far,
NOT a problem), that it will quickly become unruly.  A wiki format
does not readily present itself to allow one easily to see who is
responding to whom.

The other issue I see with it is that unless we also start using
the wiki Discussions page (which I guess we can do), it is going
to be difficult to comment on something without also interrupting
the flow of the three original options. Not everything nicely fits
into the "Any other considerations" row and the "Additional Comments"
section, or perhaps I should say, it _can_ be accomodated that way,
but perhaps not without losing a lot of context. At best, I can see
a lot of this sort of explanation if a lot of people start commenting:

    In the second sentence of the 4th bullet under Option #3 of
    the "New Project Designations" section ...blah, blah...

When it might take more to explain the context than to get across
your point or pose a question, that's a good hint that we are not
using the right medium to get feedback. The other potential problem
with editing the wiki is I don't have high confidence of what happens
if two or more people try to edit it at once. Maybe it works; maybe
it doesn't. But I don't want to find out the hard way that it doesn't.

So, in keeping with Michael's recent suggestions about using Google
Drive (fka Google Docs), I would suggest that perhaps we place the
content of this ProjectProgramModels wiki page there and then use
the "Insert comments" and the "Document History" facilities to
track things.

In the meantime, I shall endeavor to make comments on the wiki itself
the best that I can without having to write a bunch of explanatory
text just describing the context that I am commenting on.

Thanks,
-kevin

--
NSA: All your crypto bit are belong to us.