[Owasp_project_leader_list] OWASP Project Manager Report: March 28, 2014

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat Mar 29 10:54:05 UTC 2014

Oh and by the way, here is the form you send me to send out to the
Dependency Check community for evaluation.

https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/forms/d/1K2fXppFhAuuus34J5zpafFUw7dWyAXT0_v5sH6OsnHY/viewform

It's called the "Project Usability and Value" assessment, yet it does
not do what it says it does.

The "value" of evaluation is very subjective and is handled when
projects are first accepted (something you do really really well). If
the idea is not valuable, it should never be a OWASP project in the
first place. When we approach the community like you asked me to
yesterday for Dependency Check (ie: you are asking me to be part of the
process and I, as usual, said yes) I blasted social media and the
projects with this evaluation critiera per your request. The amount of
negative feedback I got was significant because the form *does not do
what is says it does*.

And again, I find this to be one of the most important parts of project
management duties at OWASP.

I hope these items help you understand why we need to fix this
incredibly soon.

Thank you,
Jim

PS: CATEGORIZING projects with OpenSAMM is a great idea. EVALUATING
their quality with it is not.