[Owasp_project_leader_list] Google Summer of Code: Submissions Update

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou Konstantinos at owasp.org
Tue Mar 25 22:50:19 UTC 2014

Leaders,

In detail we got the following number of proposals per OWASP project:

Bywaf - 3
CSRFGuard - 4
Hackademic - 21
OWTF - 27
PCI Toolkit - 2
PHP Security - 3
SeraphimDroid - 3
WebGoat PHP - 11
ZAP - 11

Now there are many reasons why some projects got more proposals than others
(e.g. remember that a lot of students choose what seems easier rather than
what's more interesting and exciting).

My point here is that only 9 projects of the nearly 150 we have are
benefiting from the GSoC program.

The goal for next year should be not just to increase the number of slots,
but to actually double the number of OWASP projects that participate!

Kostas