[OWASP_PHPSEC] Default Controller and Front Controller

Abbas Naderi abiusx at owasp.org
Sun Sep 8 13:52:48 UTC 2013

Hey Rahul,
1.
What do you mean?
Default controller (aka catch controller) is meant to catch a bunch of requests, not just one. That is why the Start method is overridden and the Handle method is abstract, which also gets the part of the requests that is mapped to the controller.

Whatever an app puts in the controller code, is application specific and everything we did already is just for demonstration and testing.

2.
We first need to see which file is needed to start the controller, that is done by MatchRoutes. jframework has strict routes, meaning that request do/something will be mapped to control/do/something.php which might not be convenient for some, many frameworks have the concept of routes, allowing the developer to map between requests and controllers

Now that we have the controller file, we need to know what the controller class is called, so that we can instantiate it and call its start method! Thats why we run GetClasses and see whcih class in there is an instance of base controller, then instantiate and call it.

3.
It's called a catch controller, in _japp/model/base/control/catch.php

-Abbas
Notice: This message is digitally signed, its source and integrity are verifiable.
If you mail client does not support S/MIME verification, it will display a file (smime.p7s), which includes the X.509 certificate and the signature body.  Read more at Certified E-Mail with Comodo and Thunderbird in AbiusX.com