[OWASP_PHPSEC] Second Library - Password Management

rahul chaudhary rahul300chaudhary400 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 08:29:45 UTC 2013

HOw about this:

we say that minimum length is 8 characters...and two special characters are
mandatory...then I assign weight to characters such as small-case alphabets
gets 1 point...capital get 2 points and special gets 3 points...so now I
can define a minimum weight. say the password is "@!br|Err", then the
weight would be:

3special * 3 + 4small * 1 + 1large * 2 = 15...this way we can define a min
weight that must be satisfied...

In this we can also introduce entropy so that someone can't keep a password
such as "@@@@****"....so we can define a min entropy that must be
satisfied...

and then we can also put "pattern recognition" on top of it...

--
Regards,
Rahul Chaudhary