[OWASP_OWTF] 9 days left for OWCS deadline + python job offers question.. :)

Abraham Aranguren abraham.aranguren at owasp.org
Thu Sep 4 21:55:22 UTC 2014

Dear OWTF Friends,

The 1st OWASP Winter Code Sprint (OWCS) is approaching fast!
September 15th => 1st OWCS deadline
October 15th => 2nd OWCS deadline
Is anybody interested? If so, please get in touch ASAP :)

Please see more here:
http://blog.7-a.org/2014/09/get-credits-help-owasp-meet-owasp.html

Open question to the group:
The email below was sent by a recruiter to the owasp_owtf_developers
list -WARNING: could be fake :)-.
I know some of you are looking for python jobs, so I was wondering if
those type of emails (i.e. possible job offers that might be interesting
to some of you) should be allowed or not.
What do *you* think?

Thanks!

Abe

P.S. RTs welcome - https://twitter.com/owtfp/status/507645360278237186

aclark at aclark.net, info at django-wiki.org

  * Hello Git Hub Gurus,

    I hope you find yourself well. As a specialized technical recruiter
    I am currently looking for a Python-Django-Security based  Developer
    to play a key role with a great organization. My client is willing
    to flex for the right candidate and this person will only need to
    sit onsite two days a week in Arlington, Va or El Segundo, Ca. We
    are looking for a developer who has a good handle on various open
    source code bases like github.

    Please read through the job description and let me know if you are
    interested in one of the most innovative organizations currently on
    the web.

    Our client is in need of a Senior Python Developer with US
    Citizenship. The Senior Python developer will develop and support
    in-house and open source products developed in Python on the Linux
    and Windows stacks.  This person will work with a technical manager
    and other staff directly.  A successful developer must be able to
    work in an often changing environment; be able to communicate to all
    team members effectively and efficiently; and above all must be
    results-oriented and deliver top quality products.  In addition,
    developer must demonstrate a passion for new and challenging work
    and be able to do independent research and development.

    REQUIRED SKILLS

    ·         7+ years of LAMP or WAMP

    ·         2+ years of Python, MongoDB and Django in a Linux Environment

    ·         2+ years of industry-related browser development: HTML 5,
    CSS3, JavaScript, Ajax, JQuery

    ·         2+ years of experience with web services and REST

    ·         Experience with managing security risks within web
    applications

    ·         Experience working with XML documents, schemas

    ·         Big Data

    ·         Ability to communicate clearly and give feedback on design
    and make suggestions

    ·         Ability to accurately estimate scope and effort

    ·         Experience maintaining and troubleshooting the full stack

    DESRIED SKILLS

    ·         Major plus - experience with Cyber Threat Sharing and
    TAXII, STIX, CYBOX and other industry standards

    ·         2+ years of experience with Git and GitHub

    ·         4+ years of experience with Java and the J2EE stack;
    Liferay portal experience a big plus

    RESPONSIBILITY

    ·         Independent and thorough research and development of a new
    growing area

    ·         Deployment and extension of existing open and closed
    source tools and libraries

    ·         Work closely with system architect and product management

    Best,

    --

     *Alexandria Zachariades*

    Technical Recruiter

    Add me on linkedin www.linkedin.com/pub/allie-zachariades/35/a72/a71
    <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/allie-zachariades/35/a72/a71/>

    *Randstad Technologies, formerly Sapphire Technologies*
    18500 Von Karman Ave. Suite 250
    Irvine, CA 92612

    *Direct Dial: 949-777-6046*

    F 949 253 3047

    www.randstadtechnologies.com <http://www.randstadtechnologies.com/>

    _Referral_

    IT candidates who refer new job orders or other IT candidates to Randsta

--

 *Alexandria Zachariades*

Technical Recruiter

Add me on linkedin www.linkedin.com/pub/allie-zachariades/35/a72/a71
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/allie-zachariades/35/a72/a71/>

*Randstad Technologies, formerly Sapphire Technologies
*18500 Von Karman Ave. Suite 250
Irvine, CA 92612

*Direct Dial: 949-777-6046*

F 949 253 3047

www.randstadtechnologies.com <http://www.randstadtechnologies.com/>

_Referral_

IT candidates who refer new job orders or other IT candidates to
Randstad Technologies may be eligible to earn a referral fee. Ask me for
details!

From: owasp_owtf_developers-request at lists.owasp.org
Subject: confirm ae64277db022cf59087649ddca70ba76671736bf
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 17:44:26 +0000