[Owasp_cornucopia] Mobile App for Cornucopia decks?

Felipe Zipitría felipe.zipitria at owasp.org
Wed May 31 18:50:18 UTC 2017

On 30/05/17 08:37, Colin Watson wrote:
> Hello Felipe
>
> Thanks for telling us about how you use Cornucopia.
>
> OWASP sells the decks at $8 per pack, but they are out of stock at the
> moment. Although the print source files are available, I imagine it would
> be hard to beat that price with a small quantity. A mobile app that deals
> cards in some way would be a useful alternative, and as you say, basing it
> on the source XML data would be best - we keep that up-to-date.
>
> The XML file is here, as a zip (because the wiki doesn't let up upload .xml
> files):
>

> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:Cornucopia-deck-ecommercewebsite-XML.zip
>
> As far as I know, no-one else is using the source XML file currently, and
> we need to update its structure/schema anyway. Co-leader Dario is working
> on a Spanish translation which we need to add to the XML in some way. Then
> it might be nice if the mobile app you are proposing could have language
> selection too?
>
> So in summary yes! Some mobile app would be a great contribution, but could
> you or someone else help improve the XML file first, so it supports
> multiple languages?
>
> Best

Excellent,

For the translation itself, I used to do translations for ZAP and they
are using crowdin (which is free for open source projects) to help in
the translation.

Any open source project leader can request a translation project there
using: https://crowdin.com/page/open-source-project-setup-request

That will help a lot with the translations.

Dario, let me know how are you planning on doing the translation, so we
can collaborate!

I will ask some of my colleagues for advice on having a nice and
flexible XML for this purposes.

Felipe.