[Owasp_cornucopia] Mobile App for Cornucopia decks?

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Tue May 30 11:37:54 UTC 2017

Hello Felipe

Thanks for telling us about how you use Cornucopia.

OWASP sells the decks at $8 per pack, but they are out of stock at the
moment. Although the print source files are available, I imagine it would
be hard to beat that price with a small quantity. A mobile app that deals
cards in some way would be a useful alternative, and as you say, basing it
on the source XML data would be best - we keep that up-to-date.

The XML file is here, as a zip (because the wiki doesn't let up upload .xml
files):

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:Cornucopia-deck-ecommercewebsite-XML.zip

As far as I know, no-one else is using the source XML file currently, and
we need to update its structure/schema anyway. Co-leader Dario is working
on a Spanish translation which we need to add to the XML in some way. Then
it might be nice if the mobile app you are proposing could have language
selection too?

So in summary yes! Some mobile app would be a great contribution, but could
you or someone else help improve the XML file first, so it supports
multiple languages?

Best