[Owasp_cornucopia] tarot sized cards - printerstudio.com
colin.watson at owasp.org
Fri Jan 24 17:10:53 UTC 2014
Great, thanks for sharing this information and the steps you took. I
have added a link from the project wiki's "Cards" tab to the message
and your name here:
Sorry about using Word... the wiki doesn't support .otf but I could
just have done a Zip I suppose.
On 23 January 2014 21:28, Cam Morris <cam.morris at owasp.org> wrote:
> Thanks for all the work on this project. In the past I've printed the EOP
> game on tarot sized cards on printerstudio.com and played it a few times. I
> LOVE the idea of an enterprise webpage edition, so thanks for the effort to
> pull this off.
> I targeted the tarot sized card because the bigger size would help
> accommodate the amount of text. Their sizing guide was very helpful in
> figuring out the exact size:
> I tried a hundred permutations of this, so here are instructions on how I
> got it to work. The challenge is the web-page auto-scales to the size of
> their card, but this puts the number and right side of the text in the
> "cut-zone" meaning it might get cut off. So these are the steps I took to
> create the images and resize them:
> 1. Start with the print ready pdf zip file
> - (I've no MS office software so this zip file was very helpful)
> 2. Create individual images from the pdf using gimp (it doesn't support pdf
> a. open the pdf files with gimp - a pdf import wizard will pop up
> b. select all images
> c. select open pages as "images" instead of "layers"
> d. set the height to 2994
> - the width will snap to 1794 to preserve the ratio
> - (2994 is double 1497, the height of a tarot card from the printing
> bleed-area, not the cut edge. It's double because the page complains of low
> resolution if I give the exact dimensions)
> e. click import, (see attached picture)
> e. export each image. This is a bit tedious.
> 3. Scale each image to tarot size
> a. Install gimp-plugin-registry to get "David's Batch Processor"
> - on ubuntu: sudo apt-get install gimp-plugin-registry
> b. open "David's Batch Processor"
> - open gimp
> - click "Filter -> Batch -> Batch Process
> c. add all file on the "input" tab
> d. add a prefix or postfix on the "rename" tab, something like "scaled"
> e. On the Resize tab do this:
> - click enable
> - click absolute
> - set width = 1794 and height = 2994
> - set Fit = "Exact"
> (changes ratio to match tarot)
> f. click "Start"
> 4. Resize again with padding (I tried lots of ways to remove this step but I
> didn't like the results)
> a. clear input files,
> b. add "-scaled" images to input
> c. change prefix of postfix on the "rename" tab, something like "padded"
> d. On the Resize tab do this:
> - change width to 1894 x 3094
> - change Fit = "Padded"
> f. click "Start"
> (Step four shows my inability to wield the power of gimp - I feel like a
> toddler with a chain saw. I'm not sure why it works. It still isn't quite
> right, but its close enough)
> 5. import the padded-scaled images into printerstudio on a tarot size card
> project with custom front and back images.
> I hope this helps someone. Thanks again.
> - Cam
> Owasp_cornucopia mailing list
> Owasp_cornucopia at lists.owasp.org
More information about the Owasp_cornucopia