[OWASP-wiki-editors] TODO - Plan of action clean up

Paco Hope paco at owasp.org
Fri Jul 29 08:26:17 UTC 2016

Achim,

It works exactly as you think it does. If I create a page and stick [[Category:Control]] at the bottom of that page, then my page will appear in the Category:Control page. The problem is that someone has created dozens of empty pages that have almost nothing in them. They do, however, have "Category:Control" at the bottom. This was the author's attempt at leaving a hing for future authors that "we need to write a page on this."

The net result is that we have a LOT of pages whose content is either empty, or only contains a copy/paste of some template that nobody ever filled out. These are actual pages, but they don't have anything (of substance) in them.

My suggestion is to basically turn the "Category" list into a bulleted list. It's OK to leave it out there and say "gee, we wish people would write on these topics." We don't need 20 empty wiki pages that say "please put information in me." Slight difference in presentation, big difference in the amount of crap we have to maintain.

Paco

>>> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:How_To
>>> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Technology
>>> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Threat_Agent