[OWASP-wiki-editors] TODO - Plan of action clean up

Torsten Gigler torsten.gigler at owasp.org
Thu Jul 28 22:22:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

Johanna and Jim, thanks for your analysis and further work.

I think that there should  be content managers or care takers in charge of exposed content, links or
landing pages that are directly accessible from the home page.
So we should prevent to have historical content on the main page or linked directly from there.
... News: +1: They need to be new or vanish....

Am 28.07.2016 um 23:09 schrieb Jim Manico:

> Got it, thank you. I'll keep you posted.
>
> - Jim
>
> On 7/28/16 1:33 PM, johanna curiel curiel wrote:
>> More outdated content that requires review, which is linking from the Home page:
>>
>> Press ==>
>> Section has not been updated since 2014 with fresh press releases and OWASP events , etc.
>> Last edit was from 2015
>> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Press
>>
>> Volunteer==>
>> This volunteer page also needs some serious remake, doe snot explain anything:
>> http://owasp.force.com/volunteers/GW_Volunteers__VolunteersJobListing
>>
>> Language==> English/Spanish
>> There is not translation on the content so why offer 2 languages?
>>
>> News==>
>> Not updated since 2013 and very poor content
>> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Application_Security_News

>>     _*Update to the foundation wiki store:*_
>>     http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/owasp
>>
>>     *Main sections linking from the Home page:*
>>
>>     These sections linking from the OWASP home page is quite empty and incomplete or even
>>     deleted.Also seems quite outdated,linking to some inactive projects:
>>
>>     https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Control
>>     https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:How_To
>>     https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Technology
>>     https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Threat_Agent
>>     https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Vulnerability

As Achim described this are category pages (the links that they provide are managed automatically by
tagged pages). The categories that are exposed to the main page should be selected carefully and the
pages tagged with this categories should be on a 'positive list'.
Generally, I'd recommend to use suitable 'landing pages' to link to categories that help to find the
right content.
... my cent

Cheers
Torsten