[OWASP-wiki-editors] [Owasp-board] TODO - Plan of action clean up

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Mon Aug 8 22:14:38 UTC 2016

Johanna,

This is great information but I'm not sure this is the best (or only) place
to put stale page links.  Especially for those areas that are done by
Foundation staff, getting them involved is key to getting these concerns
answered.  In general, I'd suggest the following things:

(1) Technical content that's AppSec specific should be on this list - this
should be most of the wiki content

(2) Content in areas where the staff work should go to the "Contact Us"
form so it can be tracked and not lost in an email list.  I am pretty sure
I'm the only staff member on this list.  I don't expect them to monitor
this list - they get plenty of email as it is.

(3) Admin issues, non-content issues, and the like can go here and I should
see them, but if you really want them addressed, they should also go to the
"Contact Us" form [1] as well.

The board has asked the staff to track their activities and the Contact Us
[1] form is where that starts and happens.  Especially for these kind of
items, you might only get a "Thanks, I put that on my ToDo list" but that
doesn't mean its not getting done.  It means the staff is weighing all
pending requests with the Board strategic objectives and working on the
highest priority items first.

If you're unsure, ask here about how to categorize them.

[1] http://www.tfaforms.com/308703

About your specific items, I'm, addressing those inline below:

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 12:33 PM, johanna curiel curiel <
johanna.curiel at owasp.org> wrote:

> More outdated content that requires review, which is linking from the Home
> page:
>
> Press ==>
> Section has not been updated since 2014 with fresh press releases and
> OWASP events , etc.
> Last edit was from 2015
> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Press

Needs to be submitted to the Contact Us form - this is clearly in Tiffany's
area of work

> Volunteer==>
> This volunteer page also needs some serious remake, doe snot explain
> anything:
> http://owasp.force.com/volunteers/GW_Volunteers__VolunteersJobListing

Needs to be submitted to the Contact Us form - this is in Kate's area of
work

> Language==> English/Spanish
> There is not translation on the content so why offer 2 languages?
>
> News==>
> Not updated since 2013 and very poor content
> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Application_Security_News

Needs to be submitted to the Contact Us form - this is clearly in Tiffany's
area of work

Thanks for taking the time to find these stale wiki pages.  Once we get
them routed to the right people, positive change can happen.

Cheers!

-- Matt Tesauro