[OWASP-wiki-editors] Past OWASP Wiki Editing Advice

Achim achim at owasp.org
Mon Feb 24 07:04:43 UTC 2014

> ***** From Michael Coates:
>
> I'm curious in your thoughts on how we should organize the wiki. I feel
> like we need a tagging system to indicate articles that need:
> But, in addition to the tagging system we need a special page that can
> show everything tagged with one of those items. Maybe this is just an
> exercise using categories?

categories are the "tags" in the wiki, I don't see why to add a new one
which most likely complicates instead simplifies.
However, I understand that some kind of tagging is necessary, hence see below.

> In addition I'm not sure our actual category system is being used well.
> We may need a better list of categories and a basic "how to" guide for
> correctly using categories. E.g. should every article have one?

I agree with Michael here, that ther should be a guide how to use categories.
And then, based on that guide, a wel defined list.

Some categories to add, please discuss:
	Article
	Paper
	Presentation
	old
	historic
	Event

It would be nice if some categories are placed in the templates, as it
is for "OWASP Chapter" currently. This would usage simpler, less errorprone.

And a first not for the guide:
  place [Category:...] at bottom of page (this is more natural 'cause
  they are rendered this way)

Just my 2 pence
Achim