[OWASP-wiki-editors] The OWASP Top Ten Cheat Sheet

Neil Smithline neil.smithline at owasp.org
Fri Aug 15 22:42:44 UTC 2014

I've wrestled with the Mediawiki formatting beast before and would be happy
- OK, not "happy", let's say"willing" - help.

I see a few separate tasks that need to be done:
1) "Theming" of the table. I think that the format of the table at the top
of a T10 page (eg: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Top_10_2013-A3) should
be followed.
2) Formatting of each entry. The current format, a single table with each
T10 risk on a single line, needs some tweaking. I'm thinking that a
separate themed table for each entry might make sense. I'm considering
something like http://gyazo.com/53fc6cc8161695f8bd972272e7a9aa26 where each
entry is themed to look like the table in the top of a T10 entry.
3) Cross-linking with the T10 and rest of the wiki. I know that this is
supposed to be a cheat sheet but if it is used online, it should be linked.
This includes:
  - Linking each T10 entry should link to the corresponding page.
  - Linking the testing references to their pages (eg: we should link to
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Testing_for_SQL_Injection_(OTG-INPVAL-005)).
  - Perhaps more...
4) Changes to better support different page widths. It may be that
reformatting the tables as described in (2) above makes the table work well
at different page widths. If not, we'll consider other changes.

I'll make a copy of this page and reformat it. I'll then reply to this
email with a link to the new page for review.

Neil

PS: I hadn't seen this page before. It's a good idea.

Neil Smithline
408-634-5764
http://www.neilsmithline.com