[Owasp-vancouver] Quick introduction and an offer
tjsiry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 19:04:37 EDT 2010
First email out to the group.
I had the opportunity to attend last weeks OWASP group meeting and I've
really got to say that this is a great group of highly skilled and
passionate individuals. Thanks to all involved for putting it on! I look
forward to attending more in the future. My name is Thomas, although I am
currently unemployed (looking) my previous employment includes working for a
big 4 accounting firm specializing in vulnerability management and PCI
DSS/SAQ/ASV services. You can read more about me on my LinkedIn found
here.<http://www.linkedin.com/in/tjsiry>Feel free to add me as a
friend, I really enjoy meeting other professionals
in the security industry.
Due to my past experiences performing as a QSA Yvan has suggested the idea
of holding a presentation with a large Q&A segment on PCI. I'd be happy to
do this but only if there is interest out there. I could cover topics such
- What is PCI and why you should or should not care.
- Introduction into the realm of PCI DSS structure.
- My pro-tips for preparing for a formal PCI audit (both SAQ and DSS).
- Little known PCI methods that may assist in becoming complaint.
- The recent changes to both the DSS and ASV requirements.
- Large Q&A session on whatever you'd like to talk about.
- *Your idea here*
I don't mind delving deep into whatever the group may wish to discuss. I am
truly an independent view on this matter.
Thanks much for reading.
More information about the Owasp-vancouver