[Owasp-topten] OWASP TOP 10 2017 Turkish Translations

Torsten Gigler torsten.gigler at owasp.org
Sun Nov 26 17:34:03 UTC 2017

Hello Mustafa,

Hi, thank you very much for volunteering to translate the Top 10.
Please join us on owasp.slack.com (there’s a 'top 10 translations'
channel).
Please join us also on github.com, and open an issue for your Turkish
translation. So other volunteers can find you and where you are working
on your translation.

Best is to fork the master repo and then generate a pull request when
you’re ready.
(https://github.com/OWASP/Top10/tree/master/2017/)
- Fork the OWASP Top 10 into your repo in one of your GitHub accounts
(it helps if you can agree if there's only one!). Add all your
collaborators to the fork.
- Create an "tr" folder (this is what the generate_document.sh script
expects)
- Copy all the English markdown from "en" to "tr"
- Copy the Top 10 template in DIN-A4 also from "translations" to "tr"
and rename it to something like 'OWASP_Top10-2017_(tr).pptx'
(https://github.com/OWASP/Top10/blob/master/2017/translations/OWASP%20Top%2010-2017_Template_DIN-A4.pptx)
  - We'd suggest to translate the PPTX and the Markdown in the "tr"
folder step by step simultaneously. It is easier to check in the PPTX if
the text fits into the boxes before you make a commit to github. The
Markdown gives you the possibility to trace changes and to get feedback
from the community.
- Editing the text in PowerPoint is a good validation step to make sure
you fit into a single page. We know English can be a compact language,
so we're not precious about precise translations as long as the meaning
is preserved and folks can understand what they need to do with your text.
- Editing the PPTX:
   ~ Fonts: + We use https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Exo+2 for all
headlines (please install this font)
                   + For all standard text we use 'liberation sans'
which should be already on your computer, if not you can download it
from here: https://pagure.io/liberation-fonts/
                   + On the Table of page 4, we have also used some
special characters (e.g. arrows) from 'Windings', 'Open Symbol' should
provide about the same (e.g. install LibreOffice to get this font).
  - I'd say that it was the best to share the PPTX on onedrive and open
the file for the fist time via a browser using directly Powerpoint 2010
or 2016.  The 'save' button will look differently and save the file to
upload your content and download the content of the other members of the
team. (I'd suggest not to use the OneDrive App, we have had some issues
with it). It works best if you work on different pages at the same time.
If there are collisions you need to decide who overwrites the content.
When you continue working with the PPTX you can open it directly from
the (pinned) history of Powerpoint.
- It works best if you work on different pages at the same time. If
there are collisions you need to decide who overwrites the content. (edited)
- From time to time we have uploaded the PPTX and PDF to github. (Please
use Office 2016 to generate the PDF, Office 2010 may generate wrong
internal links).
- When you're ready for us to consume your translation, please create a
pull request, and we'll merge your changes. We can do this as many times
as you want. Please avoid changing any of the existing files so your
merges will be clean and conflict free. You are more than welcome to
enable the "tr" line in the generate_document.sh script.

I hope it helps.

Thank you.
Cheers Torsten