[Owasp-topten] Comments on OWASP Top 10 - 2017 RC 1 (with a rewording proposal for A7)

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Wed Apr 12 19:09:30 UTC 2017

Thanks Christian for your thoughtful response. We clearly need to clarify
A7 in both what it covers and how you might address it, without dictating a
particular solution or even set of solutions. I believe WAFs are one of
many technologies organizations should consider when working to address A7,
which is why it is already mentioned. But its not the only solution. In
fact, I think you need a set of technologies (both off-the-shelf and
custom) to address A7, not just one. This is clearly a 'hot' topic in the
new Top 10 and I believe we can work together effectively to clarify its
intent without mandating or even strongly recommending any particular
solution.

Thanks for your suggestion.

-Dave