[Owasp-topten] OWASP Top 2017 - Data Call

dave.wichers at owasp.org dave.wichers at owasp.org
Sat May 21 02:31:54 UTC 2016

The OWASP Top 10 project is launching its effort to update the Top 10
again. The current version was released in 2013, and so this update is
expected to be the 2016 or more likely 2017 release. This time around,
we are making an open data call so anyone with application
vulnerability statistics can contribute their data to the project. To
make it easier for the project to consume this contributed data, we are
requesting it be provided via this Google form.
DEADLINE: Data must be submitted by July 20, 2016.
As an OWASP project, we strive to make everything about every project
as open as possible. For this release of the Top 10, we are going to
publish all the contributed data so that anyone can review it to
understand what input was considered to produce this update, and for
other uses as well. We could imagine other groups/projects making use
of this data for other reasons, so we believe publishing this data will
have multiple benefits.
WARNING: You acknowledge that by contributing data to this update of
the Top 10, that you authorize its publication. DO NOT CONTRIBUTE
anything you don’t want to become public.
Guidance on what data we are looking for:
We are looking for web application vulnerability statistics collected
by your organization:
• In web applications you assessed.
• During the years 2014, 2015, or both.
• These vulnerabilities can be in the code itself, the libraries the
applications use, or in the configuration of the environment the
applications run in.
We are NOT interested in OS, or network level vulnerabilities. We ARE
interested in vulnerabilities in any SQL code running in any databases
that back the applications being assessed and the database accounts
used to run this code, but are generally NOT interested in security
issues in the configuration of the database server itself.
Use your best judgment here to try to keep the data submitted relevant
to the project. If you have a question or aren’t sure, just ask us for
clarification.
There are 5 pages of questions, most of which are very short. The long
one is page 4, which asks for all the vulnerability statistics. If you
prefer, you can send your answers to the questions on page 4 via email
to dave.wichers at owasp.org but please submit the rest of your input via
this Google form.

I've invited you to fill out the form OWASP Top 10 - 2016 Data Call. To
fill it out, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sBMHN5nBicjr5xSo04xkdP5JlCnXFcKFCgEHjwPGuLw/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link