[Owasp-topten] OWASP Quotes Violation by Aspect Security for Sonatype

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Sun May 19 02:20:42 UTC 2013

On 18 May 2013, at 13:00, Jim Manico wrote:

> What I am saying is that just because I'm a board member, or a
> founding member, or a active volunteer, it doesn't mean I should get
> special treatment when it comes to brand usage and other fiduciary
> duty. You are implying just that.

I am not implying anything of the sort, Jim. Please do not put words into my mouth.

What I am discussing is "[the golden rule](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule): Treat others and you wish to be treated."

This is not special treatment, this is known as the 'ethical reciprocity maxim." it is a rule about how to conduct ourselves when we are dealing with other people, which we rapidly seem to be forgetting here at OWASP.

Let us take this off list.

Dennis
--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc