[Owasp-topten] OWASP Quotes Violation by Aspect Security for Sonatype

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at aspectsecurity.com
Sat May 18 20:17:36 UTC 2013

I do not speak for OWASP. Nobody does. The OWASP Quotes idea was my failed attempt to try to create such a voice.

--Jeff

Cc: Christian Heinrich; Jeff Williams; owasp-topten at lists.owasp.org

What I am saying is that just because I'm a board member, or a founding member, or a active volunteer, it doesn't mean I should get special treatment when it comes to brand usage and other fiduciary duty. You are implying just that. It's our duty as a board member to hold up these values of vendor neutrality and brand usage stronger than most.

Now I'm not saying that this is a great evil either. This is (in my
opinion) an "external" brand violation which I am a LOT less concerned about than internal OWASP brand abuse. But Christian does have a point here, and his comments have merit. We are discussing this at the board level right now.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode