[Owasp-topten] OWASP Quotes Violation by Aspect Security for Sonatype

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat May 18 20:00:25 UTC 2013

What I am saying is that just because I'm a board member, or a
founding member, or a active volunteer, it doesn't mean I should get
special treatment when it comes to brand usage and other fiduciary
duty. You are implying just that. It's our duty as a board member to
hold up these values of vendor neutrality and brand usage stronger
than most.

Now I'm not saying that this is a great evil either. This is (in my
opinion) an "external" brand violation which I am a LOT less concerned
about than internal OWASP brand abuse. But Christian does have a point
here, and his comments have merit. We are discussing this at the board
level right now.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode