[Owasp-topten] OWASP Quotes Violation by Aspect Security for Sonatype

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat May 18 14:14:09 UTC 2013

Dennis,

Your ethics are way off base here.

Those who are "founders" and board members have an even deeper
responsibility to uphold the ethics, bylaws and fiduciary
responsibilities of this charitable organization. Non profit laws
clearly state that it's best to avoid even the appearance of conflict
of interest.

Jeff's company has partnered with Sonatype on studies and more. This
is a clear conflict of interest. Why not discuss the very high quality
OWASP project, Jeremy Long's "Dependency Check", instead?

I advise everyone who cares about this topic to read Christian's email
below in detail and review the links he provided. You can then judge
for yourself.

Regards,
--
Jim Manico