[Owasp-topten] OWASP Quotes Violation by Aspect Security for Sonatype

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Sat May 18 08:24:08 UTC 2013

With all due respect,

I consider Jeff and Dave to be founding members and indeed the reason
that OWASP survived and flourished. Mark also believed in them, indeed
he turned OWASP over to them; and Jeff and Dave gave OWASP stability and
the OWASP Top 10. Our beloved community would likely not exist, or would
be entirely unheard of if not for their contributions.

Everybody here at OWASP to one degree or another should be first assumed
to have good intentions - even when the community has been *seemingly*
harmed. Our mission is based in altruismm and we all have various
degrees of comfort with this selflessness and will all make different
choices based upon our understating and commitment to altruistic
behaviour.

Times changes many things, but we all owe respect to Dave and Jeff,
first of all because we should treat others the way we want others to
treat us, and second because without their contributions we would very
likely not have an OWASP community to be part of.

I ask the community to keep those rulse in mind when dealing with each
and every member of OWASP, we have all paid a price to be here; and we
have far more in common than not.

Regards,

Dennis
--