[Owasp-topten] Intro to GitHub

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Fri Jul 12 07:18:50 UTC 2013

Dave,

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org> wrote:
> I am not an GIT expert so I'll have to learn how to use it, but it seems
> popular and I don't really care where the documents are hosted as long as it
> is easy for non-GIT experts to be able to find and download the hosted
> document.

Either http://mac.github.com/ or http://windows.github.com/ might be
an easier introduction to git for you (these claim to also install
http://git-scm.com/downloads).

You could then start with https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git

I learnt by reading http://git-scm.com/book

I can host an introduction to git over a conference call next week
(since today is Friday) if OWASP can set it up with our con call
provider (I believe this might be Goto Meeting?).  Just remember there
is a timezone difference as I am based in Sydney, Australia.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact