[Owasp-topten] My points on the Top Ten RC1

Steven van der Baan steven.van.der.baan at owasp.org
Sun Feb 17 15:31:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

The top ten's number one hit should be developers, but isn't. Not even
by a long shot. It's predominantly used within the pentesting and
management world (PCI). The top ten is still seen as the web application
risk top ten. If you steer away from this main viewpoint you will loose
this user base. And from experience, it is more important that managers
know about security ( and have the capability of enforcing the
implementation of it), than of enthusiastic developers who will be
stopped because of lack of resources (time and/or money).