[Owasp-topten] [Owasp-portuguese] OWASP Top 10's Portuguese translation

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Mar 25 23:53:49 EDT 2010

The source doc for the 2010 Top 10 is actually Powerpoint. Which I know
sounds weird, but we did it because we needed the more powerful formatting
capabilities of powerpoint for our 1 page per topic top 10 pages.

I have sent the release candidate to a few people including one of you I
think.

I see a couple challenges given the powerpoint format:

1)      Its going to be difficult to diff the release candidate against the
final to detect all the changes. So if you have been working translating the
release candidate and you have to update it to match the final, it might be
a big pain to identify the differences so you can update them.

2)      We are really trying to make all the text fit on a single page and
its very hard. I can easily image a translation being longer (depending on
the language) and then it won’t fit. I don’t know how you are going to deal
with that. We’ve worked really hard to make the Top 10 look good, and fit
within the format we have created and we’d really like the translations to
fit as well, and look good/the same.

-Dave

owasp-brazilian at lists.owasp.org; owasp-topten at lists.owasp.org

Hello everyone,

This one goes in english so Dave can read it too.

Soon I'll publish my beta phase translation within google docs, along with
some notes with my own translations doubts and options. Surely that google
docs revision history feature is welcome.

The document will go public so any one can help. That's the spirit after
all, no? Correct me if I'm mistaken.

When I mean beta stage, I mean that I've not looked at it, the translation
already made, one single time. More or less ...

Only to remember what I wrote before, the translation goes in the 9th page
although I had jumped something.

I'll give news soon. Regards,

Pedro Galvão

2010/3/24 LeoCavallari <leo.cavallari at owasp.org>

Hello Pedro,

Here is Leo from OWASP Brasil.
Carlos and me started this process together december last year, so it's a
common effort between OWASPers from Portugal and Brasil!

AFAIK, we didn't progress that yet, since i'm still focusing on Testing
Guide.. so, you are heading this process! :)

Keep on translating it and as soon as I other volunteers to work on this
project Serrao and me will let you know and we split the leftovers then.

Regarding the beta stage, once final is released we just compare documents
in english version and version changes in portuguese edition.

Sounds good?

Best,
Leo

2010/3/24 Pedro Galvão (gtalk) <taquiles at gmail.com>

Hello Carlos and OWASP Portugal,

At the moment I've already translated till the 9th page, but although still
in beta phase.

Tell me what to do having in consideration that the OWASP Brasil have
already begun their translation.

Regards,

Pedro Galvão

2010/3/23 Carlos Serrão <carlos.serrao at iscte.pt>

Paulo and others,

OWASP Brazil and Portugal have already planed the OWASP top 10 translation
to Portuguese.

The appropriate thing to do is Pedro to contact the OWASP Portugal and to
join the coordinated efforts - just drop me an email. As always we are
looking for volunteers.

Best regards,

On 2010/03/23, at 19:19, Paulo Coimbra wrote:

Hello Dave, Wagner, Carlos,

I’ve been contacted by a newly Portuguese OWASP member, Pedro Galvão, carbon
copied above, who is volunteering to give us a hand to translate the OWASP
Top 10 and is asking for our guidance. Do you have any particular advice for
him? >From my side I suggest using this initiative to open up a
Brazilian/Portuguese Project. If you agree, please let me know if any of you
wish to assume the project leadership and I will set up the needed Project
wiki page.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

OWASP Project <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>  Manager