[Owasp-topten] Citation by CORE

Calderon, Juan Carlos (GE, Corporate, consultant) juan.calderon at ge.com
Wed Jan 20 16:28:18 EST 2010

Tom

I realized the "questions" link redirect to a third party link http://24.89.186.53/owasp-crm/case.html, is this the correct behavior or someone else is gathering information on OWASP inquiries?

Regards,
Juan C Calderon, CSSLP

________________________________

From: owasp-topten-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-topten-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Tom Brennan - OWASP
Sent: Miércoles, 20 de Enero de 2010 02:56 p.m.
To: Christian Heinrich
Cc: Kate Hartmann; lorna.alamri; owasp-topten
Subject: Re: [Owasp-topten] Citation by CORE

Christian here is the brand usage link

http://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=OWASP_brand_usage_rules

Of course we would appreciate every firm, agency, service provider, software producer to become a supporting member (http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership) this is not a fact.  What I am seeing however is a trend that the buyer of application security is looking at OWASP and its supporters

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership#Current_OWASP_Organization_Supporters_.26_Individual_Members

as a value within itself I see supporting firms in many cases are the most progressive and successful web application firms.  Since OWASP is like non-profit radio radio and selfless in the mission and not driven by economic principals however we are effected by lack of funding for the mission.

I hope that they do continue to support us in 2010 (they have been a 2009 conference sponsor)

Tom Brennan
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tombrennan
(973) 506-9303

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at aspectsecurity.com> wrote:

	OK,

	It seems like their references are appropriate and not harmful to or
	abusive of the OWASP brand. Did you have a concern here, or were you
	just pointing this out?

	Thanks, Dave