[Owasp-topten] [Owasp-guide] RFC: Common numbering proposal # 2

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Fri Jan 8 05:14:10 EST 2010

Mike

I like a unique, and shared identifier within all of OWASP. It might even allow us to get the Honeycomb and other materials integrated in finally!

My main concern is the length.

OWASP-WEBAPP will be the primary prefix for 99% of the materials we have today. Thus everything will start with that.

I'd like for the WEBAPP to drop away, and become:

OWASP-CG-2009-C0604
OWASP-TC-2009-T0604
OWASP-AV-2009-V0604
OWASP-DG-2009-D0604
OWASP-TX-2010-A01

We don't need to encode values into these as they're for cross-referencing, not stating a fact.

There are several segments relevant to OWASP's interests I think we need to reserve now. Some of these we have material today, and some we don't (but should).

Architecture and Design (AR)
Education (ED)
Risk Management (RM)
Operational Risk (OR)

There will be others as we think about the SDLC in fill in the gaps.

thanks,
Andrew