[Owasp-topten] RFI taken out

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at aspectsecurity.com
Tue Nov 17 18:31:09 EST 2009

It's a fair comment. I'm sure in certain areas/organizations, this is
still a massive problem. Just because something doesn't make the Top 10,
doesn't mean it's not important anymore. It still is. Unfortunately
there are LOTS of important things to deal with.

That said, for the organizations we surveyed, this problem has been
dropping significantly in likelihood since we emphasized it last time
out. Prevalence is also massively affected by the type of organizations
you are dealing with, and the kinds of clients your company has.  My
client base sees this problem far less than yours for example. However,
we are trying to get a sense of how big this problem is across all users
of the top 10. Based on the data we saw from MITRE, Aspect, White Hat,
and Softek, the frequency of this issue had dropped significantly since
2006/2007, and for non-PHP developers this is a relatively rare issue.
So, overall we felt it didn't make the list this year.

But clearly, if you are a PHP shop, this belongs in your Top 10 list.
But if you aren't, we didn't think it made the list anymore.

-Dave