[Owasp-topten] Feedback on OWASP 2010 Top 10 (Sec. Misconfig)

Ralph Durkee rd at rd1.net
Tue Nov 17 08:55:31 EST 2009

Yes that helps.  Some of what you described as misconfiguration is what
I was describing as architecture.  Is there multiple tiers, what
services and roles do each tier provide, what communications are used
between the systems and components. Are insecure services and protocols
used, or services that are inappropriate for the architecture, such as
SMB or NFS on the web server.   Is there XML gateway or Web App firewall
would included. Frameworks used is also architecture.  Many (not all) of
these architect issues will come to light with a manual review of
automated scans.  Why not broaden the title to include insecure
architecture.

-- Ralph Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, GSNA, GPEN
Principal Security Consultant
http://rd1.net