[Owasp-topten] 2010 RC1 - Sources of Stats

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Mon Dec 28 18:20:55 EST 2009

Dave,

>From what period where the Aspect and Softek sampled? e.g. since the
2003 Release (cumulative) or the period between the 2007 and 2010 RC.

It would be great benefit to a statistician if the other contributors
could include some commentary on the above and other items such as the
interpretation of their statistics which could be published as a
separate appendix (document) to ensure that the size (i.e. pages) is
kept to a minimum in terms of the main document (consisting of the
OWASP Top Ten).

Could the final release be amended to include a statement along the
lines of "while the Aspect and Softek statistics are not available to
the public in time of publication, they will be made available at
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Top_Ten_Project once
identifying data has been removed" as an example?

I believe Andrew ver der Stock sampled BUGTRAQ but I may be incorrect
due to my *brief* reading of the mailing list archives.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich - http://sn.im/cmlh_linkedin_profile