[Owasp-topten] keeping the .doc and .pdf file up to date

Neil Smithline owasp-topten at smithline.net
Sat May 12 22:20:21 EDT 2007

Just to play counterpoint (if you had said not keep it around I would
have gone with the keep it due to printing concerns as you did), I'm
concerned there will be differences, keeping track of the master may be
difficult as the master might end up part Wiki and part .doc, the
Wikipedia doesn't have ways to print out articles and they get by, there
is a chart that is really what you need to print out and keep on your
wall, that is on one page, etc...

If we decide to go with the online doc, I'd prefer to only go PDF. .doc
files have had just too many vulnerabilities in them. That would also
stop people from modifying the file as PDF is typically an output-only
format and not edited.

My take is that if we can figure out some way to easily print the Wiki,
we go with nothing online. If we can't figure that out, we go with just
the PDF.

- Neil