[Owasp-topten] WIKI version of top-ten list

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Sun Feb 4 23:41:04 EST 2007

Neil,

I am editing RC2 at the moment, and I like working with Word as it
has the ability to trivially track changes and so on. I've already
received many responses in this way, thus it lowers barrier to
participation.

However, once final has been declared, we need the Wiki, Word and PDF
files to be in sync. At that time, the Wiki will be the master of any
changes, and from time to time, we'll take Wiki content and hand
massage it into Word and from Word, PDF.

Until we can find an easy to use Wiki -> Word / PDF creator that
looks as good as the new template, which creates links and TOC
entries and is searchable and cut-n-pasteable, I'm afraid we'll have
to hand massage Wiki -> Word -> PDF. If anyone knows a good Wiki ->
Word convertor, which can use decent looking documents (as least as
good as we have today), I'm all ears.

Right now, it would be good to come up with a reasonable Wiki naming
scheme:

T10_2007_A1_XSS
T10_2007_A2_Injections

for other languages, how about this:

T10_2007_A1_XSS_kr
T10_2007_A1_XSS_fr
T10_2007_A1_XSS_jp

Thoughts?

Once we have a good naming scheme, I would appreciate if someone
could upload RC2 (due tomorrow or the day after) into the Wiki so
people can see it there.

thanks,
Andrew