[Owasp-topten] OWASP Top Ten Possible Changes (long)

Mark Curphey mark at curphey.com
Fri Aug 5 10:22:14 EDT 2005

Chuck

No thoughts will be ignored. OWASP today is still the meritocracy it was
when I started it in 2000. The point (which I think I could have done a
better job of making in hindsight) is that I am personally swamped until
next week.

I know from (bitter (careful choice of word) experience that the projects
that happen are those where one person Shepard's things to completion. Guide
2 is a good example of this. Well done Monsieur Van De Stock!  In order for
me to do this for the top ten (which is what I signed up to) I need to have
the time to process things and clear the decks for a full on assault. The
projects that never happen are those where there is generally no plan, lots
of diverse opinion (and mailing list action) and no leader.

I am meeting with the Mitre folks next Monday to talk about there work in
taxonomies, Mike Howard and John Viega and some other people the week after
next. Please just bear with me so we can start on the right footing and
produce an excellent piece of work.

Mark