[Owasp-testing] Threat Agent Factors in OWASP Risk Rating Methodology

Bernd Eckenfels bernd-2017 at eckenfels.net
Mon Jun 5 08:37:17 UTC 2017

		Hello,
I agree with Pichaya. I brought up the same topic a while ago, but haven't had the time to actually adapt the Wiki Page: http://marc.info/?l=owasp-testing&m=131118369600489&w=2
I somewhat wonder if it is worth the update. Those factors are extremely finegrained and overlap (ease of exploitation). It does not really address the 'is exploit in the wild' or even worse 'is wormable' factor and apart from that a pure linear numeric method is mostly an oversimplification.
Besides there is some conflict with CVSS.
Anyway, I request Wiki access and will invert the scoring . But my preference would be to remove that factor and add the 'in the wild' criteria to ease of exploitation.

		Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net