[Owasp-testing] [Owasp-leaders] Public release of the OWASP TESTING GUIDE v4
laicana.coulibaly at owasp.org
Thu Sep 18 08:42:39 UTC 2014
Great Job !
De : owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org] De la part de Fabio Cerullo
Envoyé : mercredi 17 septembre 2014 17:14
À : Andrew Muller
Cc : owasp-community at lists.owasp.org; owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org; owasp-testing
Objet : Re: [Owasp-leaders] Public release of the OWASP TESTING GUIDE v4
Congrats to you and everyone involved... the quality is superb!
Is it possible to order print copies through Hulu?
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Andrew Muller <andrew.muller at owasp.org <mailto:andrew.muller at owasp.org> > wrote:
OWASP is proud to announce the public release of the OWASP Testing Guide version 4.
As a rich and diverse security community we should be proud of the achievement and we'd like to thank and congratulate everyone that authored or reviewed the Guide.
You'll notice several changes between v3 and v4. Some sections have been renamed, removed or reworked, but overall the OWASP Testing Guide version 4 improves on
version 3 in three ways:
1. This version of the Testing Guide integrates with the two other flagship OWASP documentation products: the Developers Guide and the Code Review Guide. To achieve this we aligned the testing categories and test numbering with those in other OWASP products. The objective of the Testing and Code Review Guides is to evaluate the security controls described by the Developers Guide.
2. All chapters have been improved and test cases expanded to 87 (64 test cases in v3) including the introduction of four new chapters and controls:
- Identity Management Testing
- Error Handling
- Client Side Testing
3. This version of the Testing Guide encourages the community not to simply accept the test cases outlined in this guide. We encourage security testers to integrate with other software testers and devise test cases specific to the target application. As we find test cases that have wider applicability we encourage the security testing community to share them and contribute them to the Testing Guide. This will continue to build the application security body of knowledge and allow the development of the Testing Guide to be an iterative rather than monolithic process.
As we continue to improve our tools and documentation, we'd like to ask you to support OWASP to reach the following goals:
Continuously improve the guide.
The Guide is a "live" document: we always need your feedback! Tell us what you love. Tell us what you love less.
Please join our testing mailing list and share your ideas:
Promote the Testing Guide.
We would like to have some more media coverage on the Guide, so please, if you know somebody that can help please put them in touch with us.
If you have the chance, you can write an article about the Testing Guide and other new OWASP Projects.
Add 'quotes' to the Guide.
We made a special 'quotes' pages for the Testing Guide.
Here we'd link you to add comments and references to the Guide.
The OWASP Testing Guide includes a "best practice" penetration testing framework which users can implement in their own organizations and a "low level" penetration testing guide that describes techniques for testing most common web application and web service security issues.
Download or browse the Guide now from:
- <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Testing_Guide_v4_Table_of_Contents> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Testing_Guide_v4_Table_of_Contents
Canberra OWASP Chapter Leader
OWASP Testing Guide Co-Leader
OWASP-Leaders mailing list
OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org <mailto:OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-testing